If you're not a fan of the "slime" present in some okree preparations, you need to try okree fries! We guarantee that you'll love these, even if you don't usually like to eat okree. This is a quick, delicious way to prepare okree and can be used as an appetizer or a side to a complete meal.
These can be "fried" using many different methods, although we prefer using our air fryer. If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook them in the oven on a baking sheet rack or even deep fry them. Either way, you can't go wrong with okree fries!
- Medium-sized Okree Pods (as many as you can eat)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Fresh Cracked Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Fresh Lime
1) Remove the okree stems and slice the okree in half, lengthwise.
2) Place the okree halves in a mixing bowl and coat with extra virgin olive oil.
3) Add fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste.
4) Cook the okree halves in an air fryer for 15-18 minutes at 390 degrees. This can also be done in the oven on an elevated backing rack.
5) Once crispy, remove the okree from the air fryer or oven and give them a squeeze of lime.
6) Add a bit more sea salt to taste and enjoy!